Meal Prep Ideas: A Delicious Chicken Recipe
Everybody has their favorite food, but unfortunately, when it comes to exercise and working out, you need to be mindful of what you eat. Because of this, it is a good idea to start brushing up on your cooking skills, so that you can master some delicious recipes that you will love, and that will also provide real benefits when you’re bodybuilding or trying to gain some extra muscle mass.
Chicken is one of the best proteins that you can eat. Protein is the building block of muscle, and is also a smart way to take in calories for energy. Chicken is one of the cleanest forms of protein that we can take from animals, so you should make it a regular ingredient in your fitness nutrition plan. Chicken is also highly versatile, and can be used in countless meals, representing cuisines from around the world.
Chicken Hash with Mushroom
You will need a two chicken breasts (250g – 300g), butter, an onion, a bell pepper, cream, chicken broth, and fresh mushrooms.
- Start by finely dicing your vegetables and your chicken breast.
- Melt 1 Tablespoon of butter in a medium saucepan on medium heat, and then add the chicken, onion, bell pepper, and cook until the ingredients are browned. Add the mushrooms last, cooking for a further minute, while continuously tossing the ingredients.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low, and pour in ½ Cup of chicken broth, and ½ Cup of full cream. Incorporate the ingredients well, by stirring frequently for two minutes, or until the mixture reaches a boil.
- Add in another 1 Tablespoon of butter, and reduce the temperature until the mixture is simmering.
- Simmer until the sauce is reduced so that it has a thick consistency. If you like your sauce to be thicker, you can add starch to the mix.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, and add herbs to taste. Parsley, or an Italian Herb Mix would work well with this recipe.
Once the sauce is reduced, it is ready to serve. This dish is high in protein and fat, with little carbohydrate content. Because of the cream and butter, this is not a meal that you would want to eat multiple times per week, but is a great energy booster and will serve two people with 500 calories per serving.
This is definitely one you will want to try when fueling for heavy workouts, but make sure you have a nutrition plan in place first. Your personal trainer in New Jersey will be able to help you develop good fitness nutrition based on your body type and your goals, and if you need to be taking in fewer calories per meal, you could even modify this one to meet your needs.