[130 Rte 33 Manalapan] [479 Rte 79 Morganville]
In order for our bodies to function properly and stay healthy, it is important that we follow a good nutritious diet ! Foods are made up of 6 classes of nutrients. These nutrients are macro-nutrients that consist of : protein, carbohydrates, fats. We also have micro-nutrients that consist of :vitamins, minerals and water. If you neglect to have the right combination of these 6 items, it will be very difficult to live a healthy lifestyle and achieve your weight loss goals!
I’m going to give you a brief description of these 6 classes of nutrients and explain why they are essential in living a healthy lifestyle and achieving your fitness goals.
1. Protein – When you eat foods that contain protein, they are broken down in the body as amino acids. These amino acids are then used to build and repair any muscle tissue. This is good for those who are physically active and exercise regularly. In turn you will be able to recover at a faster rate than if you were not to consume protein. Every tissue in your body is made up of protein and it is important to consume enough through your diet in order to replenish it.
2. Carbohydrates – carbohydrates give you energy to function properly throughout your day. When carbs are ingested your pancreas releases a hormone called insulin. Insulin helps to store the carbs as glycogen inside the muscles or store them as fat. In fact, muscle glycogen is an important element to helping you maintain your energy levels throughout your day. It is important to have glycogen (stored carbohydrates) in your body before working out so that you have the energy to get through your workouts and achieve better fat loss results and more muscle gains !
3. Fats – First and foremost, without fats you will not be able to survive. They are one of the three macro-nutrients. Stored fats are our main source of energy, believe it or not. Fats yield 9 calories per gram. Fats lubricate joints which in terms, keeps your muscles loose and mobile for better workouts. Fats are also a dwelling spot for fat-soluble vitamins such as A, D, E, and K. So eat your fats for they wont make you fat !!!
4. Vitamins And Minerals – Vitamins and minerals are important nutrients our bodies need in order to not only function properly but also allow chemical reactions to occur at a faster rate. They are needed in order to turn the 3 macronutrients into energy and tissues. For instance, B-complex vitamins, provide a great health benefit as they help to further break down carbohydrates, which in turn will give you energy.
5. Water – Water composes about 65% of the human body. It is needed in order for our bodies to survive. Water is just as important as eating a healthy diet. It can also act as a detox and cleanse your body ! During exercise your body acts as a cooling agent and helps prevent overheating.
These all come together and create the perfect combination for aiding you on your way to the new you ! 🙂
Gravity Training Zone – Get In The Zone
Work with our professional weight loss personal trainers in New Jersey’s #1 Fitness Coaching Center! Get your FREE 5-day VIP pass NOW!