While cardiovascular activity is essential to good health, muscle strength is important too. The core muscles around your trunk and pelvis help your lower back, hips and abdominal muscles work together to increase balance and stability. Having strong core muscles can reduce lower back pain and make everyday activities easier, including your comfort level while working at your desk. Cater to your core muscles this week with some strengthening activities. Many can be done at home without any special equipment. Be sure to use proper posture to reap the most benefits !!!
Core exercises improve your balance and stability :
– Core exercises train the muscles in your pelvis, lower back, hips and abdomen to work in harmony. This leads to better balance and stability, whether on the playing field or in daily activities. In fact, most sports and other physical activities depend on stable core muscles.
Core Exercises Don’t Require A Special Gym Membership :
– Any exercise that involves the use of your abdominal and back muscles in coordinated fashion counts as a core exercise. A bridge is an original core exercise. Lie on your back with your knees bent. Keep your back in a neutral position, not arched and not pressed into the floor. Avoid tilting your hips. Tighten your abdominal muscles. Raise your hips off the floor until your hips are aligned with your knees and shoulders. Hold the position for as long as you can without breaking your form.
Core exercises can help tone your abs :
– Want more-defined abdominal muscles? Core exercises are very important. Although it takes aerobic activity to burn abdominal fat, core exercises can strengthen and tone the underlying muscles.
Strong core muscles make it easier to do most physical activities :
– Strong core muscles make it easier to do everything from swinging a golf club to getting a glass from the top shelf or bending down to tie your shoes. Weak core muscles leave you susceptible to poor posture, lower back pain and muscle injuries.
Core exercises can help you reach your fitness goals :
– Aerobic exercise and muscular fitness are the primary elements of most fitness programs. But to have a truly well-rounded fitness program, you should include core exercises in the mix as well. Whether you’re a beginner taking the first steps toward fitness or a committed fitness fanatic hoping to optimize your results, a well-rounded fitness program is the best way to reach your fitness goals.
Gravity Training Zone – Get In The Zone
Work with our professional weight loss personal trainers in New Jersey’s #1 Fitness Coaching Center!
Get your FREE 5-day VIP pass NOW!