We’ve all heard it a thousand times: “I just ate a donut/cheeseburger/bag of chips. 10 extra minutes on the treadmill for me tonight!” Is it really that easy? Can you simply burn off your snack food with a few extra minutes on the treadmill? Let’s take a look.
For the sake of simplicity, we will assume you are walking and not running on the treadmill. We will also assume that you’re using a brisk pace, perhaps 4 miles per hour, or one mile every 15 minutes. One mile of walking burns 100 calories, so using out current pace we will burn 100 calories every 15 minutes. Crossfit style workouts will help you burn these calories off quicker then slow paced cardio.
– One Oreo cookie – 40 calories, 6 minutes on the treadmill.
– Nature Valley Oats ‘n Honey Crunchy granola bar – 94 calories, 14.3 minutes on the treadmill.
– Little Debbie Nutty Bar, one package – 310 calories, 46.5 minutes on the treadmill.
– McDouble from McDonald’s restaurant – 400 calories, 60 minutes on the treadmill.
– General Tso’s chicken, one serving – 844 calories, 126.6 minutes on the treadmill.
– 2 Slices Pizza Hut Meat Lover’s Pizza, pan style crust – 960 calories, 144 minutes on the treadmill.
– Large sized Burger King Double Whopper Value Meal – 1,780 calories, 267 minutes on the treadmill.
Work with our professional weight loss personal trainers in Matawan’s #1 sought after Boot Camp and Personal Training gym!
Try us for 30 days for $29