[130 Rte 33 Manalapan] [479 Rte 79 Morganville]
Boxing fitness training is an excellent way get a great cardio workout !!! A big issue we see with weight loss is CARDIO,a lot of people don’t enjoy doing cardio which is why we try to help our clients find new and fun ways to drop those pounds (this is one of those ways)!! Boxing is considered by many to be one of the best exercises because of its ability to help condition the entire body in one workout. This sport improves the cardiovascular and endurance fitness of its participants by providing a high-intensity, calorie-burning routine that promotes optimal physical fitness. To participate in a boxing routine, you will need proper equipment, proper technique and a planned routine.
Required and Recommended Equipment
In order to properly train with a home boxing fitness training workout, some pieces of equipment will be required. These include:
Proper Technique – Developing a Boxing Stance
– Learning how to position your body during boxing is important to get more out of the workout and reduce chances of joint strain. Stand sideways against your imaginary opponent, or punching bag, with your feet a little more than shoulder-width apart. Keep your subordinate side facing the target, and the dominant hand back. Keep your knees slightly bent, with your weight evenly distributed.
Proper Arm and Hand Positioning
– Your hands should be at chin level, making gentle fists. The hand in front should be spaced about six to eight inches ahead of your dominant rear hand (the hand you will be punching with). Try to keep your arms near your torso.
– A proper boxing punch is performed in quick extensions of the arm, followed by quick retractions back to starting position. For a cross punch, extend your rear arm out toward the target as fast and powerfully as possible, while rotating your hips to face the front. Pivot on the ball of your rear foot while straightening your leg out to increase the length, speed and strength of the punch. To jab, quickly extend your front arm out while turning your hand so that the back of your hand is facing the ceiling. This type of punching does not require any shifting of balance or hip rotation.
The Workout Routine
– For beginners, start with a short workout which lasts about 10 to 20 minutes long. Boxing is an intense cardiovascular workout, so it can be quite taxing on the body, especially for those who are not used to it. Here is a sample boxing workout:
– Begin by jumping rope for three minutes to get the muscles warmed up, then do about one minute of jumping jacks. Stretch all muscles of the body for two minutes.
Round One – Work on the heavy punching bag for about three minutes with full exertion. Use the cross punches and jabs in various combinations, and keep your lower body moving with light bouncing and weight shifting. After the three minute boxing round, jog lightly in place for about a minute.
– Continue for another two rounds, each lasting three minutes, incorporating different combinations of punches. Rest in between by jogging lightly in place for one minute. End off the workout with another three minutes of jumping rope, followed by two or three minutes of stretching. Make sure to stretch the shoulders, triceps, lats, quads and hamstrings.
After this workout is complete, you will realize how strenuous a boxing fitness training session is, and what a great cardio workout it provides. Boxing gets the heart racing, and works all the major muscles of the body.
Checkout out our Boot-Camp schedule and try our boxing class !
Gravity Training Zone – Get In The Zone Work with our
professional weight loss personal trainers in New
Jersey’s #1 Fitness Coaching Center!
Get your FREE 5-day VIP pass NOW!